<HoosOnFirst>

Hoo's On First
Hoo's blog? I dunno. Third base!
Friday, January 28, 2005

Randomness

Well it's my day off from work and there's just too much snow out there (and cold!) for it to be enjoyable driving or walking around. So I think it will be a plain ol' Surf The Net day. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nice article about some of the Red Sox Prospects here . Sounds like a good group of kids.

So it's Mientkiewicz to the Mets. And I just learned to spell it too. I'll miss him. Some of those late inning picks he made were absolutly breathtaking. Watching him square off against Delgado when Doug had to play second that time was something too. (Wonder if Petey will plunk Carlos for him when the Mets and Marlins meet up next season.) And Eyechart was a great cheerleader from the bench. And I don't mean that as a dig at all. One of the great things about the '04 team was the way they cheered on and pulled for each other - from the star outfielder's doublepoints, to the way the non-roster-for-the-WS bench players did their cooler shuffles and leapt up to welcome each base runner back to the dugout. Such fun to watch.

But I have to admit. I'm so glad they kept Millar. I adore Millar. Yes, I know he can be brash and outspoken and prone to foot-in-mouth disease, but that's part of what I love about him. He's *entertaining*. He tells great stories. Personally I loved the "shots" story. I want to hear everything. I guess I'm strange but I never expected the "prudishness" that greeted that story from some of the fans. But as I said, I'm strange. He's willing to take to the press anytime, anywhere. And I think some of his "shyer" teammates appreciate that.

Another reason I love Millar? Just pop in the MLB 2004 World Series DVD and take a look at the bonus featuers. Where Millar is going around telling anyone who will listen not to let them win tonight. What confidence. And that whole attitude *worked*. And in other interviews you can see and hear his teammates reiteratiing his attitude. They took it to heart. And. It. Worked. My God, they did something that one one else in baseball has EVER done. And I have to think that attitude had something to do with it.

Plus I love the whole changing facial hair thing. What can I say. I was also a big Dauber fan.


More later. This is like the fourth time I've tried to make this post and I keep hitting the wrong button. So I need to get it posted before it disappears again and get my eyes looking at something different.


posted at 9:46 AM by Hoothehoo

|

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com