<HoosOnFirst>

Hoo's On First
Hoo's blog? I dunno. Third base!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Things like this still make me smile

I love coming across these things out of nowhere.

Backstory - I was watching some kind of documentary (don't remember now) and they had an interview with a screenwriter with the last name of Epstein. Since I knew Theo's grandfather and uncle wrote the screenplays Casablanca and other movies, I wondered if this man was related. So I popped over to the internet movie database to check the man. Couldn't find a connection, so I popped over to the Casablanca page to see if I could find a link there. Where upon I came across


Julias Epstein

Great uncle of Theo Epstein - the GM of the 2004 World Champion Boston Red Sox.


Philip Epstein
Trivia
Is the grandfather of Boston Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein (the youngest GM in baseball history, who built the 2004 team than won the first Red Sox World Series victory since 1918, reversing the so-called "curse of the Bambino")



How cool. Remember when *Theo* first was hired and everyone was "Theo is the relative of so and so and blah. And now it's "related to Theo Epstein". And the "2004 World Champian Boston Red Sox" NEVER gets old.
posted at 4:55 PM by Hoothehoo

|

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com