<HoosOnFirst>

Hoo's On First
Hoo's blog? I dunno. Third base!
Sunday, March 13, 2005

Checking In With an Old Friend

Great article on Nomar today in The Herald.

A separate peace

"When you spend so much of your life in one place, it matters. As far as that city goes, those fans, they always embraced me," Garciaparra said before last week's exhibition against Texas. "I tried to do everything I could. I will always appreciate them.
"After everything that happened, I realized I have a big heart. There will always be a place for them there. Just because I'm not there doesn't mean I'll forget them. They were out there on my birthday, singing 'Happy Birthday.' Not just once, but every year. It was incredible. How many other players does that happen to?"

"I never watch the World Series. There are only two times I've watched the World Series. The last one (before 2004) was in 2000, because Jay Payton was my roommate in college, and he was my boy," Garciaparra said. "You have to watch your boys when they're in the World Series. I'm watching the Red Sox, and these guys are my boys, too. Pedro (Martinez) and D-Lowe (Derek Lowe ).
``When they were down, 3-0, to the Yankees, I told my friends that if the Yankees didn't sweep, the Sox were going to win it. They said, `How can you predict that?' and I said, `Because I know my boys."



posted at 3:35 PM by Hoothehoo

|


About Me

Hoothehoo
A Sox Fanatic
A Patriots Fan
A New Englander
What Else is there?
********************



Archives



News Links

Bill Simmons-The Sports Guy
Boston Globe
Boston Herald
The Boston Red Sox Site
espn
mlb.com
NESN
The Pawtucket Red Sox
Providence Journal
The Remy Report
The Sporting News
Sports Illustrated
Tom Boswell


Fan Boards

Sons of Sam Horn
The Cardiac Kids
NYYFans.com
Surviving Grady Board


Fan blogs

Baseball Desert
Basegirl
Blue Cats and Red Sox
Cursed to First
Firebrand of the AL
Joy of Sox
Keys to the Game
Platooned
The Professional, the Idiot and the Tailback
Red Sox Wire
Sass-A-Thon
Singapore Sox Fan
Soxaholix
Surviving Grady
Tao of Manny
Wallball Single


Player Sites

Johnny Damon
Manny Ramirez


Pats Links

The New England Patriots
NFL.com


Others of Interest

ALCS - SOSH vs NYYFans
The Baseball Almanac
Curt's Pitch For ALS
The SHADE Foundation
The Win It For Thread


Books on the Shelf

Big Book of Baseball Lineups
Faithful
Feeding the Green Monster
The Teammates
Ted Williams
Watching Baseball
Why Not Us


DVD's in the Player

21
2004 World Series
Boston Red Sox 100 Years of Baseball History
Boston's Greatest Sports Stories Beyond the Headlines
Cowboy Up
Faith Rewarded
Still We Believe
Superbowl XXXVI
Superbowl XXXVIII


Credits

design by maystar
powered by blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com